The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization, which, for over 49 years, has engaged individuals, families, and small businesses in community-building strategies. Rooted in San Francisco’s Mission District, MEDA is advancing a national equity movement by building Latino prosperity, community ownership and civic power.
As a key member of the Asset Management Team, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for the facilities operations at Plaza Adelante. They will be the primary contact for third-party Property Management. This role will manage the daily operations of the building, including large-scale remodeling and interior construction projects. The Facilities Manager will safeguard the organization’s investments by actively managing vendors, working within the scope and requirements of the funding grant, in compliance with all applicable local, City, State, and Federal regulations, building codes, and best practices.
- Work closely with third-party Property Management, Asset Management & IT team to manage MEDA’s facilities maintenance, office space, security, and safety.
- Manage all activities related to interior maintenance, cleaning, and service requests, ensuring insurance certificates are on file for all vendors working on site.
- Participates in workspace planning and oversight of office renovation and improvement.
- Inspect facilities to ensure it is inspection-ready and in accordance with all applicable local, City, State, and Federal regulations, building codes, and best practices.
- Perform routine maintenance on facilities, and make light repairs as needed (ex: lightbulb replacement, painting, furniture assembly, making key duplicate,s and other miscellaneous repairs).
- Manage all safety and security procedures and processes.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required. First in line for the 24/7 alarm monitoring system and for the chain of command during an emergency.
- Negotiates, manages, and administers all vendor contracts relating to building operations, including janitorial, pest control, elevator, HVAC equipment, fire suppression, plumbing, and alarm systems.
- Manages and establishes guidelines for routine, preventative maintenance, and capital needs programs to ensure life cycle sustainment and longevity of property assets, systems, and equipment.
- Directs preventative maintenance operations for all building systems, including electrical and mechanical systems and water/waste operations.
- Collaborate with Asset Management and Finance on the budget for facilities needs.
- Develops and maintains written documentation for reporting requirements.
- Maintains accurate records for physical assets at Plaza Adelante.
- Provides yearly required safety and emergency preparedness training for all MEDA staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in building or facility management (maintenance, cleaning)
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair equipment and techniques
- Demonstrated strong understanding of construction and local building codes
- Capable of designing/implementing processes (sometimes from scratch)
- Ability to balance budget and project demands
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical, logistics, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of office technology (PC, MAC, printers, copiers, network)
- Needs to be available outside of regular office hours for emergencies, and special projects, as needed.
- Spanish fluency is required
Please click on the following link and complete the application: https://medasf.bamboohr.com/careers/162