Building Equity Through Latino Wealth, Place and Power
MEDA vows to:
- Work diligently to ensure that San Francisco honors its commitment to remain a strong sanctuary city.
- Implement San Francisco’s passed Proposition N, which gives noncitizen residents the ability to vote in school board elections.
- Support our allies fighting for fair and just immigration policies.
- Always stand up against entrenched xenophobia, racism, homophobia, misogyny and any other form of discrimination.
- Uncompromisingly protect and stand up for our immigrant families.
Policy & Advocacy Goals
MEDA engages and mobilizes the community around public policy issues that advance the asset building agenda of San Francisco’s Latino residents and merchants. These agendas promote economic self-sufficiency through research, organizing and advocacy efforts on issues related to community land-based planning, community asset building and citywide policy initiatives. MEDA’s priorities are housing, education, financial services and business.
Making Change Happen
MEDA’s Policy Program develops, analyzes, and advocates for public policies that support a strong and stable working-class community in the Mission District and further strengthen low-income Latino residents throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
MEDA is investing in the following policy areas:
- Community-Based Land Use Planning: Advocating for smart and just land-use policies that encourage affordable housing, protect small businesses, create jobs for Mission residents and prevent displacement of community members.
- Community Asset Building: Working to develop strategies to build wealth for low- and moderate-income community members and to ensure that the community has a greater capacity for financial self-determination.
- Citywide Policy Initiatives: Working collaboratively with other nonprofits and City agencies to ensure that public policies support the needs of low- and moderate-income families and small businesses.
MEDA is about innosolutions for the Mission District, and beyond.
Learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org.