MEDA can help you
- Learn vital home pre-purchase information
- Gain down payment assistance
- Strengthen your personal finances
- Get prepared for a below-market-rate (BMR) condo or rental
… ALL FOR FREE*!
● Step 1. Attend a two-hour orientation focusing on City of San Francisco’s MOHCD-sponsored programs, requirements and assistance for first-time homebuyers (DAHLIA). This is organized by HomeownershipSF. (Register for “San Francisco Homebuyer Program Orientation.”)
● Step 2. Attend a MEDA six-hour First-Time Homebuyer class on the second Saturday of the month, in English and Spanish. Please register for one of our First-Time Homebuyers workshops online or by calling (415) 282-3334 ext. 101. First-Time Homebuyers workshops are held on the second Saturday of every month. If the workshop registration is full, we encourage you to come early on the day of the workshop, as we do have limited “walk-in” seats available. This pre-purchase First-Time Homebuyers workshop covers many topics that are essential for anyone considering the possibility of buying housing in San Francisco.
*One-time cost of $50 for your First-Time Homebuyer certification.
This cost includes:
- Six-hour First-Time Homebuyer workshop
- One year of credit monitoring services
- Unlimited access to one-on-one Housing Opportunities coaching services.
This cost is payable by cash or check the day you attend our workshop.
Our First-Time Homebuyers schedule is as follows:
8:45am-9am: Walk-in clients allowed to register
9am-3pm: First-Time Home Buyer Workshop*
*Please note that anyone arriving after the workshop has started will not be allowed to enter. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once you have attended a First-Time Homebuyers workshop, you will be eligible to meet with one of our Housing Opportunities HUD-approved coaches to evaluate your mortgage readiness. During your one-on-one coaching session, you will receive certification that you completed your First-Time Homebuyers requirements, plus apply for Downpayment Assistance Loan Programs (DALP) and below-market-rate (BMR) unit programs through the San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development.
MEDA looks forward to helping you achieve your goal of homeownership!
For those ready to purchase a home, First-Time Homebuyers certificates are $50, which also includes an official credit report (this is payable as check or cash).
If you are interested in First-Time Homebuyer workshops or have questions on the process, please contact us: (415) 282-3334 ext. 126; email@example.com.