MEDA can help you
- Improve your credit score
- Raise income
- Increase savings
- Reduce debt
- Reach short- and long-term financial goals
… ALL FOR FREE!
MEDA’s Financial Education & Coaching Program provides free, dynamic Spanish and English workshops and comprehensive one-on-one coaching for low- and moderate-income individuals and families seeking robust financial health and support services.
With a primary focus on improving credit scores, raising income, increasing saving and reducing debt, MEDA’s Financial Education & Coaching Program is based on an individual or family’s long-term financial goals, as well as their short-term financial needs. Our comprehensive program is always coupled with action planning and next steps.
MEDA’s expert coaches work with clients to achieve outcomes and progress at three, six, nine and 12 months.
MEDA’s Financial Education & Coaching Program includes:
- A primary workshop covering the basics of personal finance.
- An initial financial-coaching session including:
- Individualized Financial Action Plan
- Personal Budget and Financial Assessment
- Free Tri Merge Credit Report with scores from EFX, XPN and TUC
- Connections to relevant supplemental services from our partner organizations, including IDA and Cesta programs through the Mission Asset Fund and EARN, Federal Home Loan Bank’s WISH and IDEA programs, plus bank account and secured-card options.
- One-on-one follow up counseling sessions that provide regular “check-ins” and help clients meet their goals.
Key curriculum topics include goal setting, budgeting, credit scores, financial products, consumer rights/protections, banking services and money management.
Taxes are Part of Financial Health
A key piece of your family’s financial health is accessing all of the available tax credits for which you are eligible, plus using your tax refund for savings and to build assets.
MEDA can do you taxes for free in the Mission, and can also help you apply for free for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
If you are interested in free financial capability workshops, please contact us:
(415) 282-3334 ext. 101; firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a list of Financial Capability resources here.
MEDA would appreciate if you print and fill out our intake and consent forms, in English or Spanish, and bring your completed forms to your workshop or appointment.
Click the form name to download, print and fill out:
1. INTAKE FORM
2. CONSENT FORM
Welcome Orientation and Financial Capability Workshop
NOTE: Every client will be required to attend a Welcome Orientation and Financial Capability Workshop before they can start working with a coach. (The exception is our First-Time Homebuyers workshop clients, which is part of Housing Opportunities.)