At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education, and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Under the supervision of the Director of Risk Management and Compliance (RMC), the Senior Compliance and Grant Analyst plays a critical role in MEDAs efforts to meet compliance outcomes specified by the demands, growth and direction driven by administrative deliverables. The Compliance and Grant Analyst is responsible for agency contract compliance and contract reporting. Responsibilities include coordinating from start to finish a high volume of grant/funder reports for government, foundation and corporate funders under the supervision of the Director of Risk Management and Compliance. This position will support the implementation of and maintain MEDA’s program compliance, analysis and monitoring towards outcomes as designated by grant awards. This includes, but is not limited to troubleshooting reporting issues, working with data to complete reporting requirements, maintaining policies and procedures, developing reporting guides, creating and tracking of contracts, subcontracts, MOUs, and other supporting grant documentation.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate from start to finish a high volume of grant/funder reports for government, foundation and corporate funders as assigned.
- Navigate funder databases for successful report completion.
- Assist in the development and updating of program policies, procedures, trainings and related forms and notices for MEDA and for outside agencies, community partners, and others;
- Ensure that program contracts, MOUs, partnership agreements, renewals and amendments, contractor invoices move through the system in a timely manner.
- Maintain a schedule and calendar of annual certification/licenses due dates, financial reporting dates, compliance reporting dates of all funding assigned.
- Assist the Director of Risk Management and Compliance in high level grants and compliance projects and tasks; including reporting areas of deficiency.
- Responsible for managing and monitoring the compliance of Organizational and Real Estate legal entities.
- Ensuring communication with Director of RMC on all benchmarks, due dates, reports and or unanticipated situations that may arise.
Program Assessment and Reporting
- Adhere to data privacy policies and comply with data protection regulations.
- Research and maintain current knowledge and compliance of applicable federal, state and local authority/laws as required for grants.
- Support and interprets contract requirements to external collaborators.
- Work with Director of RMC in using data reports and information to monitor compliance and grants management for quality improvement.
- Support the Director of RMC with accurate and timely information to lead monthly RMC meetings with senior MEDA and agency leadership staff on program performance.
- Attend conferences and training sessions as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, management sciences, or other related fields. We also welcome candidates without a degree who have 5+ years of directly related grant management and compliance work experience.
- 2-4 years of work experience in grants management and compliance for community-based organizations.
- Experience with grant reporting, especially with government agencies (federal, state or local).
- Experience with at least one of the following industry areas:
- Small business lending & regulatory requirements, or Community Development Financial Institutions
- Asset Building Program such as housing counseling, financial education, workforce development
- Early learning and/or K-12 education programs
- Community development
- Ability to understand and interpret program budgets and financial statements.
- Excellent technical and computer skills, knowledge of applicable software programs, and experience working with databases. V-comply, Salesforce experience or similar database system is a plus.
- Proven track record in maintaining compliance regulations with federal agency designations such as IRS VITA Sites, HUD Housing
- Counseling Agencies, or DOL America’s Job Centers.
- High efficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills to ensure appropriate progress is being tracked and completed for key grants and partner with program managers and directors to address deficiencies or delays.
- People skills/ability to build strong working relationships with peers.
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability, as well as capability in a team environment.
- Bilingual Spanish-English is a plus, with lived experience with Latino, immigrant communities, and/or communities of color.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, flexibility, self-starter, team-player, and can-do spirit.
Please click on the following link and complete the application form.