The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization that, for 47 years, has engaged individuals and small businesses in community-building strategies. We aim to achieve economic justice for San Francisco’s low and moderate-income Latino families through asset development.
YOUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
As the Business Coach and Corridor Coordinator, you will join our Business Development team, providing a full continuum of business services to new and established micro- and growing businesses in San Francisco. Your will be providing services in Spanish and English to primarily Latino(a) entrepreneurs. You will use your skills as a visionary and entrepreneur to motivate others. A key component of the Coordinator’s responsibilities is outreach, including block walking, cold calling, and leveraging existing relationships with local businesses. The Business Coach and Corridor Coordinator is part of Fondo Adelante’s team, a Latino-led and Latino-focused CDFI that provides financing and coaching to businesses across the Bay Area.
MEDA’s goal is to provide technical assistance, access to capital and real estate, and advocacy to maintain vibrant and healthy Latino, immigrant, and family-serving local businesses. Given the rapid displacement of businesses in the Mission District, this is a crucial position in supporting MEDA’s strategic efforts to preserve the neighborhood as a supportive community for Latino businesses, residents, and institutions. The Coach will work closely with the Community Real Estate and Policy teams as part of MEDA’s comprehensive strategies to address business stability, retention, and growth in the neighborhood.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide one-on-one coaching services and facilitate workshops.
- Assist clients with specific services and areas of business development, such as writing a business plan, obtaining financing (loan packaging), marketing, developing human resources, conducting a market analysis, etc.
- Collaborate with other MEDA staff to participate in program-specific partnerships with various stakeholders, including representatives of local government, financial institutions, and community groups.
- Conduct corridor outreach and door to door visits to businesses and community institutions within the Mission Street Commercial Corridor and Mission Bernal Commercial Corridor, amongst other neighborhoods in San Francisco.
- Work with the Associate Director for Business Development on specific special projects related to supporting San Francisco-based businesses.
- Provide referrals to Fondo Adelante’s lending team for businesses interested in accessing financing, and provide business coaching and technical assistance to Fondo Adelante borrowers.
- Utilize platforms to accurately track services provided to clients and generate reports for different stakeholders and investors (Salesforce, Google Docs Editors, etc.)
YOUR KEYS TO SUCCESS
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Two years experience in business planning and counseling, including entrepreneurial training
- Demonstrated expertise and/or experience in the following areas: loan packaging, business marketing, writing business plans, procurement, business registration processes, and program/product development
- Excellent quantitative and financial business analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Spanish fluency required
YOUR MEDA EXPERIENCE
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace while being challenged in your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Click on the following website and include your resume and cover letter.