Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As the Contracts and Compliance Manager you will contribute to and support MEDA’s efficient financial operations by tracking and processing billing for a large number of grants and contracts, collaborate with program staff to develop budgets for proposals and be responsible for revenue accounting. This is a key role in the finance department and requires a person with excellent attention to detail, knowledge of accounting and experience communicating with funders and city staff.
Specifically, you will:
- Prepare budgets for grant applications and government contracts, paying particular attention to covering all direct and shared expenses, and ensuring that salaries and other expenses are charged correctly to the appropriate contract.
- Provide compliance documents required by funders and lenders: insurance certificates, signed contracts, bank information, required financial statements, etc.
- Prepare billings for government agencies, particularly the City and County of San Francisco and various federal agencies. Submit requests for budget revisions due to changes in staffing and other adjustments, ensuring that MEDA receives the full dollar amount for each contract.
- Take responsibility for revenue accounting, including:
- Booking and “releasing” temporarily restricted revenue,
- Booking cash receipts directly to revenue or to accounts receivable.
- Take responsibility for managing the aging of receivables.
- Perform other accounting tasks as the need arises. Tasks may include:
- Reconciliations and schedules for audits, both from funders such as the City and County of San Francisco and from MEDA’s CPA auditor.
- Program budgets during the annual budget preparation.
- Actual versus budget variance analysis.
- Other financial analysis as the need arises.
- Cross training on other functions as need arises.
Your Keys to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business or at least 5 years direct accounting experience
Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
- Agility in the use of Excel and use of advanced functions.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of public and nonprofit partners.
- Attitude of customer service toward funders, lenders, and colleagues within MEDA.
- Eagerness to learn about the workings of MEDA’s many programs and funding sources.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families and other voluntary benefits
Please click on the link below and submit your cover letter and resume.