Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) you will be a key member of the MEDA executive management team and will provide the leadership needed to plan and grow agency operations efficiently, including developing budgets and providing accurate projections in support of business strategy. Your knowledge of affordable housing financing and ability to set up systems to track expenses for numerous properties and funding sources will ensure your success. The CFO is a strong people and project manager of high integrity who has a strong understanding of accounting principles and procedures including GAAP, cash flow, EDGAR and preparing for an OMB A-110 audit in a complex financial environment. You will also develop and nurture key strategic partnerships with other MEDA programs as well as individuals and banking institutions within the San Francisco community.
Specifically, you will:
- Have responsibility for overall fiscal operations: directing internal financial programs and procedures. and maintaining positive relationships with outside partners and vendors
- Provide ongoing financial analysis and modeling to a range of company leaders in support of key business decisions
- Develop and track annual fiscal plans; prepare multi-year fiscal projections for organizational and program planning; Guide the agency in its annual budget process
- Develop and update fiscal policies and procedures for the agency
- Monitor and ensure expenditures are in line with budget and contract/grant terms, provide explanations or highlight variances on an ongoing basis
- Oversee audit process and ensure timely completion of audit with external CPA. Develop and maintain a schedule for contract reimbursements, financial reports, and compliance documents on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or business-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years progressively responsible financial management experience in a complex, dynamic environment, such as a nonprofit organization, academic or government institution with multiple programs and funding streams.
- Demonstrated expertise in compliance with and financial management of Federal funding sources. Knowledgeable about the rules of EDGAR and the OMB A-110.
- Experience with Real Estate – affordable housing needed
- Ability to handle stressful, deadline driven projects with grace and humor.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Send email with three brief bullet points on why we should consider you, plus resume to email@example.com.