Join our MEDA Team
Have you found meaning and fulfillment by investing in people’s lives? At MEDA, we work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income, Latino and immigrant families in San Francisco by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment. Be part of our stellar team!
Your Career Opportunity
As Grants Manager, you will be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team that guides and supports fundraising, revenue and investment generation for the Mission Economic Development Agency. As Grants Manager, you will coordinate and write compelling grants and funding requests to government, local and national foundations, and corporations. You will help monitor the performance of our dynamic and diverse funding portfolio and build relationships with funders and investors who support MEDA’s programs.
This work is challenging yet fun, as you work with our talented staff to bring our impactful programs to life. Our programs bring free services to low- and moderate-income families who live in the San Francisco’s Mission District as well as the broader Bay Area. Successful candidates will bring their superb writing skills and collaborative nature to the work along with their desire to make the San Francisco Bay Area a better place for families of all backgrounds.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop, write, and project manage proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funding sources.
- Write and coordinate a high volume of grant proposals in the $50K – $1M range to government, foundations, corporations and private funders.
- Conduct regular prospect research to support MEDA’s full scope of funding needs and develops funder cultivation strategies.
- Design programmatic strategies in collaboration with the Director of Development and management team members
Your Keys to Success …
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Successful track record for fundraising for a nonprofit organization, with three to five years of experience in grant writing
- Experience in writing successful government grants, including local, state, and federal grants, preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills — you know what the audience is looking for and you can write compelling stories! Can see a grant application from concept to submittal with minimal direction from the Director of Development.
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and capability in managing projects. Can manage and coordinate with multiple stakeholders, partners and staff, ensuring their buy-in, participation, and ability to deliver on commitments.
- Can manage multiple grant applications, reports, deadlines and other responsibilities of varying complexity and importance at any given time.
Your MEDA Experience
When was the last time you did meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged on your professional growth?
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100% Medical KP Plan covered by MEDA
- Matching 401(k) Plan, Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off — minimum of 20 days
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free financial or legal counseling to employees and their families.
- And other forms of voluntary benefits
Reviewing Candidates … Apply now!
Click on the link below, including your cover letter and resume with the application form.