Join Our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As a Senior Project Manager you will be at the forefront of fighting displacement in the San Francisco housing market by managing MEDA’s large and small sites projects to build affordable housing and nonprofit organization space in the Mission District. You will be responsible for directing the development of several properties, negotiating with commercial and nonprofit tenants and ensuring that projects move forward in a timely manner. This position works closely with many community groups and represents MEDA in various partnerships.
Specifically, you will:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in affordable housing development project management OR a Master’s degree in urban planning, business, economics, law, public policy or related field.
- Strong financial proforma skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including board members, public sector staff and officials, representatives of other nonprofit organizations, vendors, and people from low-income households.
- Exposure to design issues and construction materials and methods.
- Capacity to manage 2 or more projects independently.
- Commitment to green-building and sustainable policies and practices.
- Commitment to providing long-term affordable housing and to the concept of organizing low-income people to stabilize communities and create social change.
- Well-developed public speaking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High degree of independence, initiative, responsibility, and accountability as well as capability in a team environment.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Prepare, update and adhere to project schedules
- Obtain project approvals from planning and building departments and other regulatory agencies
- Oversee project design development and preparation of project plans and specifications
- Conduct due diligence tasks to safeguard the organization’s investments and corporate integrity.
- Perform outreach duties and public relations work as needed, including attending community meetings.
- Supervise Community Real Estate staff as assigned
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Please click the following link and submit your cover letter and resume and complete the application form.