Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
In 2015 MEDA launched a community loan fund – Fondo Adelante – to provide loans to small businesses in San Francisco and the surrounding region that are currently underserved by traditional and non-traditional lenders alike. Fondo Adelante provides loans ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 to qualifying small business owners. As Small Business Loan Officer you will originate, package, and close qualified loan applications for business loans up to $100,000. Fondo Adelante’s target market includes a wide spectrum of businesses, ranging from small, informal cash-based businesses with no formal credit and limited documentation to businesses with up to $2,000,000 in sales and 10-20 employees. Your work will make families’ dreams come true as they build and expand their businesses and help their community thrive.
Specifically, you will:
- Build relationships and a referral base among small business owners, business associations, community partners; participate in community events in the San Francisco Bay Area, specifically within Latino and immigrant communities.
- Attend business site visits, networking events, and other outreach events, dedicating at least 50% of time to outside-the-office networking and referral cultivation.
- Generate a strong pipeline of qualified loan applications that meet Fondo Adelante’s lending criteria and mission.
- Efficiently process complete application packages, including screening packages against product guidelines and required documents, entering and processing applications in our system, gathering all required documents, and closing out loans (approvals or declines) within a target timeframe.
- Analyze basic cash flow and repayment ability through interviews with business owners and review of loan applications, tax returns, bank statements, references, credit reports, employment and income verification, and collateral.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Significant sales experience in financial services (preferably business lending) as a loan officer, loan consultant, business banker, or sales rep at a microfinance institution, consumer lender, bank, credit union, leasing company or other financial institution.
- Commitment to MEDA’s mission and approach to economic and social justice; bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Bachelor degree in business related subject, and loan servicing and collections experience preferred; knowledge of or experience with under-banked, low-income, and underserved populations is highly desirable.
- Self-starter who goes beyond job description to make sure goals are achieved; demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed monthly sales quotas.
- Strong analytical, math skills with willingness to use qualitative and quantitative data in decision-making.
- Working knowledge of Excel required, and desire/ability to learn other software programs to manage loan portfolio.
- An entrepreneurial work ethic, creativity, and openness to exploring new ideas, systems, and financial tools.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Click on the following website and include your resume and cover letter.