As the Senior Housing Opportunities Program Coach focused on homeownership, you will be responsible for working with low- and moderate-income San Francisco households, focusing predominantly on the Latino community, to help them navigate through buying and keeping their home. The Senior Coach will support the Associate Director in coordinating and organizing homeownership services and the team as a whole. In this position, you will work closely with the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development, financial institutions, real estate professionals, and other community partners.
The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization, which, for over 49 years, has engaged individuals, families, and small businesses in community-building strategies. At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education, and more.
Duties & Responsibilities
Core areas of your work, among other duties and responsibilities, include:
- Manage the homeownership service line within the Housing Opportunity Program including the development of new curriculum and initiatives, coordination of coaches, and working with external partners all towards building wealth for the Latino community.
- Provide post-purchase counseling to low and moderate-income homeowners, predominantly from the Latino community, to keep their homes and build their wealth through foreclosure intervention, service connection, and financial coaching.
- Support the development of MEDA’s wealth-building programming for an equitable recovery including co-creating new workshops, connections, and coaching models.
- Coach, train, and mentor housing and financial capability coaches on the technical aspects of housing counseling and direct service delivery.
- Conducting individual coaching and caseload management for Spanish and/or English-speaking clients on topics such as credit, debt management, savings, budgeting, special assistance programs for homeownership, foreclosure intervention, and other topics as appropriate.
- Contribute to the creation of partnerships with real estate agents, lenders, developers, financial industry professionals, and community-based organizations.
- Support in the facilitation of homeownership workshops in Spanish and/or English.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Spanish fluency required (verbal and written).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in housing counseling, financial counseling, lending, or banking-related experience.
- 3+ years in housing counseling or related roles.
- Experience in post-purchase and foreclosure intervention is strongly preferred.
- HUD Housing Counselor Certification preferred, or ability to obtain certification.
- Availability to work outside regular business hours for night and weekend workshops.
- Professional and/or lived experience working with the low and moderate-income Latino community.
MEDA is a strong believer in supporting our team to develop professionally and financially, therefore we provide very competitive benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents — 100 percent covered by MEDA.
- 401(k) plan which matches 50% up to 6% of yearly salary.
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees.
- Annual professional development stipend and professional development workshops.
- Employee Assistance Program that offers free financial, emotional, or legal counseling to employees or their families.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged in your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Click on the following link and complete the application form.