Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
As the Director of Asset Building Programs you will be a key member of the MEDA executive management team and will lead the development, management, and evaluation of MEDA’s direct service programs, staff, and partnerships including integrated Financial Capability, Free Tax & ITIN preparation, Business Development, Housing Opportunities, and Workforce Development. You report directly to the CEO and are jointly, with the Chief Strategy Officer, responsible for population-level Latino wealth and power building efforts, including internal and external organizational health, equity frameworks, and professional development. The Director of Asset Building Programs is a strong people and project leader who uses data and business matrices to develop and carry out impactful and efficient processes, service delivery models, and tools, and successfully achieve community results. You will also develop and nurture key strategic partnerships with other MEDA programs as well as individuals and organizations within the San Francisco community.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide vision, leadership and guidance to managers in implementing asset building programs including integrated Financial Capability, Free Tax & ITIN preparation, Business Development, Housing Opportunities, and Workforce Development.
- With the Associate Director, monitor trends and best practices in the field of asset building and ensure that programs are relevant and effective for the ongoing needs of the community and clientele MEDA serves.
- In collaboration with Development and Evaluation departments, establish strategic goals and outcomes for each program area. Assist managers in incorporating and carrying out those outcomes in annual work plans.
- Guide managers and program staff toward the successful achievement of program outcomes and results.
- Prepare and monitor the annual department budget ensuring compliance with funding and programmatic guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Development department, develop and implement new and existing funding strategies.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree in nonprofit management, public policy, business, sociology, or a related area a plus;
- Excellent, demonstrated management skills with a track record of successfully leading teams to successful results and impact;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with community-informed program design and service delivery;
- Excellent knowledge of nonprofit finance, human resources, resource development, asset building strategies, and research & analysis;
- Strong fundraising and advocacy background with various stakeholders: community partners, local government, and funders;
- 7 years’ experience in staff supervision, supervision of more than 15 staff highly desired;
- 7 years’ experience in large volume program design & management;
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic decision-making skills;
- Previous experience as an Executive-level leader in a non-profit environment preferred;
- Experience living & working with communities of color, immigrant and historically low-income communities;
- Commitment to championing MEDA’s mission and programs, specifically Latino wealth & building;
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Click on the link below, including your cover letter and resume with the application form.