Join our MEDA Team
At MEDA, we find meaning and fulfillment in investing in people’s lives. We work collaboratively to close the opportunity gap for low- to moderate-income Latino families in San Francisco’s Mission District by providing them access to affordable housing, career and small-business development, education and more. As MEDA continues to strengthen this community, we need more talented professionals dedicated to inspiring positive change – and driven to succeed in a fast-paced team environment. Be one of us!
Your Career Opportunity
Reporting to the CEO, as the Chief Strategy Officer you will drive and lead the vision for the continued growth, enhancement, and investment of MEDA’s regional & national “Sharing the Model”, coalition, & influence initiatives. MEDA shares its models in the interest of equitable resource sharing, best practice exchange, and thought leadership to advance the community development field, with a focus on Latino wealth and power building. Through this work, MEDA is intentional about being an ally, and working in coalition with allies across historically low-income and immigrant communities, and communities of color.
In 2018, MEDA launched its “Nuestra Casa” Sharing the Model work to provide training, technical assistance, and consulting to other affordable housing developers seeking to launch or enhance real estate acquisition preservation programs in their communities. MEDA is the leader in Small Sites acquisition and development in San Francisco. MEDA has approximately 1200 units of affordable housing in their management and construction portfolio. MEDA is now also providing pass-through funding to these developer partners.
MEDA expects to expand its Sharing the Model service offerings into other areas. Potential examples include: equitable CDFI investment and lending, organizational health functions (HR, Finance, Development), collective impact networks, 501c4 formation and activation, and Evaluation. The Chief Strategy Officer is expected to work across all of these teams to coordinate execution, including delivering services themselves.
Specifically, you will:
- Be an Ambassador: Lead ongoing development of MEDA’s racial and economic equity perspective, including internal initiatives and external coalition and alliances across communities of color, and immigrant and historically low-income communities.
- Be a Fundraiser: Secure buy-in and funding investment from diverse funding pool: private, foundation, government, fee-for-service. Create and executive grant processes, from RFP creation to award(s).
- Be a Project Manager: Lead design, creation, and distribution of new Sharing the Model packages, as determined in conjunction with the CEO, other MEDA teams, and market demand.
- Be a Trainer and Mentor: Deliver training and technical assistance plans and services to grantee and partner organizations. Develop, package, and share curriculum, training, & technical assistance offerings across MEDA service areas.
- Be a Champion and Affordable Real Estate Developer: Provide training, technical assistance, and consulting to other affordable housing developers seeking to launch or enhance real estate acquisition preservation programs in their communities.
Your Keys to Success
To perform successfully in this role, you will need to leverage these key qualifications:
- Master’s degree in nonprofit management, public policy, business, sociology, or a related area;
- In-depth knowledge and experience with community informed program design and service delivery, knowledge of Human Centered Design a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in nonprofit finance, human resources, resource development, asset building strategies, and research & analysis;
- Strong fundraising and advocacy background with various stakeholders: community partners, local government, and funders;
- Previous experience as an Executive-level leader in a non-profit environment required;
- Commitment to championing MEDA’s mission and programs, specifically Latino wealth & building;
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
Your MEDA Experience
Do meaningful work in an innovative workplace, while being challenged for your professional growth.
Joining MEDA means having meaningful experiences that develop achievers – from across the Mission neighborhood and from within our organization. We find meaning and fulfillment in our work as we see this community thrive and are driven to achieve better outcomes by challenging ourselves to innovate in our ways of working.
We offer a market-leading benefits program that reflects MEDA’s values and mission. We invest in people’s lives and support our own people’s health and financial well-being.
Our core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance for employees and their dependents – 100 percent covered by MEDA
- 401(k) Plan for employees
- Generous paid time off — minimum of 20 days for new employees
- Employee Assistance Program that offer free financial or legal counseling to employees or their families
- Other forms of voluntary benefits
Please click the link below and include your cover letter and resume.