The Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) is a community-based, local economic development organization which, for over 39 years, has engaged individuals and small business in community-building strategies. Our mission is to achieve economic justice for San Francisco’s low and moderate income Latino families through asset development.
The Finance and Operations Director, reporting to the Executive Director, has direct responsibility for the organization’s budget, finance and financial operations related activities. The Finance Manager will lead the creation of a fiscal strategy, create projections and reports, manage monthly cash flow, track expenditures and create and update fiscal policies and procedures. The Finance Manager should have specialized financial skills and experience, accounting knowledge, familiarity with financial software applications, and experience and knowledge in the area of contract compliance with government funding sources. Additionally, we are seeking a cooperative, creative, and energetic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who will be committed to the organization’s mission and vision.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop and track annual fiscal plans; prepare multi-year fiscal projections for organizational and program planning; Guide the agency in its annual budget process
- Developing and updating fiscal policies and procedures for the agency
- Track program and agency budgets and cash flow
- Track revenues from all funding sources
- Prepare monthly/quarterly contract invoices; coordinate with program staff on billing for programmatic deliverables
- Assist in contract budget negotiations, and reporting of program expenditures and outcomes
- Monitor and ensure expenditures are in line with budget and contract/grant terms, provide explanations or highlight variances on an ongoing basis
- Prepare timely contract related budget revisions and modifications as needed
- With guidance from development team and program staff, produce budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals and reports
- Manage process for fiscal reviews of grants and contracts from government, corporate and foundation funders
- Supervise disbursements, and processing of bills checks and expense reimbursements
- Ensure that costs are billed or applied in accordance with agency cost allocation methods and grant and contract terms
- Supervise payroll processing
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to policies and procedures for contract compliance
- Oversee audit process and ensure timely completion of audit with external CPA. Develop and maintain a schedule for contract reimbursements, financial reports, and compliance documents on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure all required financial reports, forms, and compliance documents are submitted to the appropriate entities on schedule
- Hold regular meetings with Management Team, Program Teams and Board of Directors to update on finances and manage strategic financial planning
- Assist in special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Review and revise existing administrative procedures and processes and develop systems to assure compliance by all staff.
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage on all aspects of the organization and D&O coverage for the board of directors
- Oversee office supplies, software and hardware purchases, acquisitions and deliveries
- Develop and maintain an inventory and record-keeping system for office supplies and equipment, handle maintenance/easing contracts and purchase supplies and equipment.
- Review and update all liability insurance policies annually.
- Manage the upkeep, repairs and janitorial needs of MEDA space.
- Manage staff who oversees the operation of Plaza Adelante including: Adherence to lease guidelines, utilities, garbage collection ( recycling guidelines), conference/ meeting room rentals, safety and security plans, emergency evacuation plans, opening and closing procedures, intercom procedures, etc.
- Serve as project manager, responsible for maintenance plans for elevator and HVAC systems, painting, repairs of physical structure, replacement of existing equipment etc.
- Oversees janitorial and other building-related contracts.
- Responsible for meetings/ trainings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to the security, safety and operations of the building.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting or business related field, masters preferred
- At least five years progressively responsible financial management experience in a complex, dynamic environment, such as a nonprofit organization, academic or government institution with multiple programs and funding streams.
- Experience supervising the work of others.
- Demonstrated expertise in compliance with and financial management of Federal funding sources. Knowledgeable about the rules of EDGAR and the OMB A-110.
- Savvy with Technology – particularly with SAGE or other multiple funds accounting software.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to handle stressful, deadline driven projects with grace and humor.
- Ability to handle sensitive financial information with strict confidence.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong leadership experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Ability to communicate complex numbers and rules to lay people.
- CPA certification preferred.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter and resume to http://medasf.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2lg3zat4fg2.