Reports To: Director of Operations/HR
Revised Date: November 2017
Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) – Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the Mission Promise Neighborhood 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) Policy & Advocacy efforts that support our mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Talent Manager will be responsible for supporting the Director of HR in recruiting, hiring, training and staff engagement activities. The Talent Manager will also be responsible for recruiting, training and coordinating volunteers for the VITA tax program and recruiting, training and supervising the intern program.
- Supports the Director of HR in coordinating the recruitment and hiring process including posting jobs on job boards, screening candidates and scheduling interviews.
- Prepares drafts of job descriptions for review by hiring managers.
- Leads the staff engagement efforts including planning workshops, planning and executing staff events, prepares monthly staff newsletter and assists with planning of staff meetings and retreats.
- Leads the volunteer recruitment, training and supervision for the VITA tax program which utilized 150 – 200 volunteers each year.
- Assist with HR and volunteer legal compliance including monitoring leaves of absence.
- Working with the program managers, recruits, trains and supervises 3 intern cohorts each year with 5-7 interns in each cohort. Internships are unpaid.
- Coordinate opportunities and events for volunteers within the Mission Techie program.
- Consults with Director of HR on legalities of managing volunteers and implement program that is compliant with all HR laws and policies.
- Works with the Evaluation team to track volunteers and to report volunteer hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university is desired but 2-5 years’ work experience in volunteer and HR management can be substituted.
- Experience in recruiting and retaining talent for a broad range of positions.
- Demonstrated skill in coordinating projects and events.
- Excellent attention to detail and record-keeping skills.
- Friendly demeanor, motivating and inspiring to a diverse population.
- Communicate effectively in a manner that promotes trust and cooperation
- Poise and confidence with public speaking.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Spanish fluency required.
- Professional or personal or experience working with communities of color required.
- Must be available to occasionally work outside regular business hours.
- PHR certification a plus.
Complete application by clicking on this link: