Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
Updated: August 2018
Mission Economic Development Agency – Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the Promise Neighborhoods 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through Fondo Adelante; and (5) Policy & Advocacy efforts that support our mission.
The Senior Grants Manager is part of a high-functioning nonprofit dedicated to maintaining the vibrancy, health, and prosperity of the SF Mission for the Latino community. As part of a six-person development and communications team, the Senior Grants Manager leads proposal development, grant writing, and reporting associated with both restricted and unrestricted private and public grants from corporations, foundations, and government agencies (local, state, federal). The idea candidate will have exceptional writing and project management skills, ability to learn quickly on the job, and strong interpersonal skills for working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Grant Writing, Management, and Relationship Stewarding:
● Develops, writes, and project manages proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funding sources. Monitors proposal guidelines and deadlines. Works with MEDA staff to gather financial and programmatic information and research and evaluation data.
● Manages a grant portfolio ranging from $50K – $1mil on average.
● Cultivates and stewards institutional relationships, including scheduling of meetings, site visits, and other engagement opportunities.
● Design programmatic strategies in collaboration with the Director of Development and management team members.
● Supports capitalization of MEDA’s Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) – Fondo Adelante.
● Initiates meetings with program staff and potential external partners to design program strategies and develop comprehensive proposals.
● Actively participates in other MEDA fundraising activities, including galas, individual donor fundraising events and site visits.
● Conducts regular prospect research to support MEDA’s full scope of funding needs and develops funder cultivation strategies.
● Together with the development team, tracks and manages Grants Calendar to ensure proposals are executed on time.
● Together with the development team, ensure that Salesforce grants database accurately reflects status of all grants.
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
● Successful track record for fundraising for a nonprofit organization, with three to five years of experience in grant writing
● Experience in writing government grants, including local, state, and federal
● Superior verbal and written communication skills
● Strong facilitation skills
● Ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
● Strong networking skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise and build relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working to meet multiple deadlines
● Knowledge of community development, housing, education, and/or other core areas of MEDA’s work a significant plus
● Ability to work both independently and also as a team player
● Strong organization and time management skills
● Spanish language fluency (verbal and written) a plus
MEDA offers a competitive benefits package, including 100% covered medical insurance for employees and their families, dental, vision, retirement savings plan, 4 weeks of paid time off earned in first year, paid holidays, and a robust professional development program. We pride ourselves in having a family-friendly work environment, promoting work-life balance, and spending time as a team through retreats and “fun days” to help us better serve our community.
Click on the following link and complete the application.