Reports to: Associate Director, Mission Promise Neighborhood
Revised: July 2017
Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA) – Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational opportunity and family economic success through the Mission Promise Neighborhood; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) Policy and Advocacy efforts that support our mission.
The Education Manager supports and facilitates collaborative initiatives between the SFUSD, MPN target schools, and community partners in order to ensure that students and their families have access to the resources they need for academic success. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring that Promise Neighborhood partners achieve programmatic goals, improve their contribution according to agreed upon performance measures and collective results, and meet contract deliverables. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven leader, responsible for continuously monitoring program and outcome data as well as collective progress on shared indicators and outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with other MPN Managers to build the capacity of staff, families and partners around strategies and/or policy efforts to improve schools and student outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships based on trust, mutual accountability and results with Promise Neighborhood partners, school site staff, and members of the school and community.
- Lead Promise Neighborhood education partners in an effort to build a culture of Results Based Accountability to ensure programming is aligned, coordinated, and that all available resources are being leveraged to achieve results.
- Manage, monitor and maintain partner contracts towards continuous improvement and coordinate with MEDA’s Evaluation Team to ensure that partners report data in a timely and accurate manner, implement digital collaboration tools, and receive training.
- Coordinate with Community School Coordinators at each of the four target schools and work closely with school and district leadership to align services and resources with student, family, partner organization, and school needs.
- Work closely with the other Promise Neighborhood staff to strengthen a cradle- to- college- to- career continuum of services that is coordinated and integrated.
- BA or equivalent. Master’s in Public Policy, Education, Social Work, or related field strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years working with direct service agencies and 5 or more years of experience working in K-12 education field and public schools, particularly in low-income, communities of color with a collaborative and equity-based approach.
- Experience in SFUSD and the target neighborhood desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience facilitating and coordinating groups of school and direct service agency staff to shared performance goals and outcomes.
- An understanding and knowledge of SFUSD strategies and/or national policy and efforts for school improvement and education reform.
- Deep knowledge of educational systems, Community Schools, best practices and evidence-based education programs; experience working with school-based multi-disciplinary teams or knowledge of their processes
- Experience supervising staff and/or partners and coaching them to success by creating a supportive environment of continuous improvement.
- Experience building and managing relationships and collaborating with community groups and service providers required, experience managing contracts and deliverables preferred.
- Experience working in a data-driven and results oriented environment and a strong understanding of evaluation systems, program indicators and data points related to the education field.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Please click on the following link and complete the application.