Reports to: Director of Development & Communications
Revised: March 2018
Mission Economic Development Agency – Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the Mission Promise Neighborhood 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) Policy & Advocacy efforts that support our mission.
The Donor Engagement Officer is part of a high-functioning nonprofit dedicated to maintaining the vibrancy, health, and prosperity of the SF Mission for the Latino community. As part of a six-person development and communications team, the Donor Engagement Officer is responsible for growing MEDA’s individual donor program, from managing individual appeals to building a major donor program. The Donor Engagement Officer is a strong project manager, writer, relationship builder, and strategic thinker who is passionate about MEDA’s mission to support the Latino community in the SF Mission District. This position is supported by a strong team and able to work and learn from seasoned professionals in the nonprofit field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individual Donor Cultivation:
- Support the DoD in planning and executing a year-round donor engagement program, including grassroots appeals for funding, mid-level donors, and major donors
- Write donor-centered content, including appeals, cases for support, newsletters, and cultivation emails
- Develop strategy to increase online giving, including monthly gifts and annual fund gifts
- Implement a moves-management protocol for all donor and prospects, from grassroots to major gifts
- Ensure the effective solicitation of individual donors through research and preparation for donor meetings; solicit contributions on behalf of the organization in partnership with ED, COO, and DoD
- Manage the major donor portfolios of the ED, COO, and DoD, including coordinating meetings, communications, and other stewardship opportunities
- Manage the Advancement Committee made up of Board of Directors and other volunteer stakeholders
- Work with the Development Coordinator to manage organizational database of supporters by ensuring accurate tracking of all donor contact, fundraising activities, communications, donation records, etc.
Events & Communications:
- Coordinate donor cultivation, donor engagement, and fundraising events, including small events (house parties, showcases) and the annual gala, which hosts approximately 300 people annually
- Support with MEDA’s donor communications work, including producing donor newsletters and social media campaigns
- Passion for social justice work and building equity in the Latino community
- Previous experience in community development, including asset building, community real estate, education, and policy
- Three to five years of experience in individual donor fundraising
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
- Strong networking skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise and build relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working to meet multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of community development, housing, education, and/or other core areas of MEDA’s work a significant plus
- Ability to work both independently and also as a team player
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Spanish language fluency (verbal and written) a plus
Click on the following link and complete the application, including your resume and cover letter.