Reports to: Director of Development
Revised: August 2017
Mission Economic Development Agency – Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the Mission Promise Neighborhood 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) Policy & Advocacy efforts that support our mission.
The Development Operations Associate is part of a high-functioning nonprofit dedicated to maintaining the vibrancy, health, and prosperity of the SF Mission for the Latino community. As part of a four-person development team, the Development Operations Associate and is responsible for maintaining adequate development records, ensuring funder compliance, maintaining development systems in place, and providing administrative support to the fundraising team as needed. The Development Operations Associate is a highly organized systems thinker interested in supporting the organization’s fundraising efforts and is passionate about MEDA’s mission to support the Latino community in the SF Mission District. This position is supported by a strong development team and able to work and learn from seasoned professionals in the nonprofit field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build systems and maintain accurate donor and funder records in Salesforce
- Manage calendar of grant application and reporting deadlines
- Assist in the preparation of funding proposals for government, corporate and foundation grants, including gathering proposal documentation
- Support with the planning and coordination of MEDA’s Annual Gala, which hosts approximately 300 people annually and includes a call for individual giving
- Assist with MEDA’s annual individual donor campaign
- Research and identify corporations, foundations and government funding opportunities
- Maintain records of donor and funder communications
- Provide administrative support to the Development Team, Chief Operating Officer, and Executive Director as needed
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar by scheduling meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Expertise in using Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, and Slides
- Preferred prior experience specifically using Salesforce CMS database
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and oral
- Knowledge of community development, housing, education, and or other core areas of MEDA’s work a significant plus
- Ability to work both independently and also as a team player
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Spanish fluency a plus
Click on the following link and complete the application including cover letter and resume.