Reports To: Director of Evaluation
Revised Date: July 2017
Mission Economic Development Agency – Rooted in the Mission and focused on San Francisco, MEDA’s mission is to strengthen low- and moderate-income Latino families by promoting economic equity and social justice through asset building and community development.
MEDA is advancing strategies to create asset building opportunities for San Francisco’s Latino families and in the Mission District through: (1) our core, integrated Asset Building Programs related to housing, financial capability, workforce development, business development and tax preparation; (2) serving as a backbone agency to advance educational achievement and family economic success through the Mission Promise Neighborhood 2-generation approach; (3) creating and preserving affordable housing and commercial real estate in the Mission District through Community Real Estate; (4) providing access to capital and innovative financial products through the Adelante Fund; and (5) Policy & Advocacy efforts that support our mission.
The Data Capacity Coordinator is responsible for helping new staff and external programs adopt database usage, create and maintain useful reports and dashboards to monitor data usage and learning, and develop and deliver training plans for partner agencies so they can successfully share data as part of the MPN collective. The Data Capacity Coordinator will bridge the gap between the needs of the Evaluation Department and the data collection of various MEDA programs and partners. The objective is to help programs and partners increase their data capability and be able to deliver quality data that shows the impact of their efforts. Establish foundational data capacity for partners including identifying data contact at each agency and setting expectations and goals around the sharing of data.
- Basic Salesforce database administration to enhance and streamline program data collection.
- Training internal and external staff on case management and referrals.
- Training external staff on MS Excel to manage and clean large datasets for submission to MPN for batch uploading into our shared Salesforce database.
- Help with development of program performance measures for evaluation
- Conducting literature reviews and compiling research to inform the expansion of MPN evaluation framework
- Building accurate reports and dashboards in Salesforce.
- Basic analysis and report writing
- Support MPN in semi-annual reporting to Department of Education
- Experience with Excel formulas, pivot tables and charts.
- Experience with Salesforce as an end-user or system administrator.
- Human services data entry in a secure database like Salesforce, ETO, other.
- Data cleaning and mapping of large data sets.
- Professional writing skills for reports and training materials
- Willing and eager to learn Results Based Accountability framework to help programs establish reasonable and attainable performance measures.
- Basic knowledge of survey development and administration.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and/or Google Office.
- Experience presenting data
- Knowledge of data visualization best practices
- Experience creating training materials
Click on the following link and complete the application form including your resume and cover letter.